International Online Digital Law Conference on
«Digital Technologies for Sustainable Development: Legal Challenges»
Date: 26 November, 2020
Time: 16:00 – 18:30 (Moscow Standard Time)
The Department of Business Law of Lomonosov Moscow State University is pleased to invite you to its regular Digital Law Conference dedicated to the legal challenges of Digital technologies for sustainable development.
Working language: English.
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) officially known as Transforming Our World: the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development are 17 goals for international cooperation recognized by the UN. It is planned to discuss legal qualification and main approaches to legal regulation of "end-to-end" digital technologies in Russia and the world, taking into account that implementation of the leading technologies should contribute to achieving SDGs. The UN Commission on Science and Technology for Development (CSTD) has chosen the problem of using blockchain technology for sustainable development as one of the critical topics for the regular 24th session in 2021. We propose to consider the legal issues of the application of various digital technologies through the prism of achieving SDGs, among which may be identified:
- digital resistance of COVID-19 by creating blockchain platforms with universal applicability;
- providing access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and modern energy sources for all and the legal issues of implementation of the Internet of Things;
- promotion of sustained, inclusive, and sustainable economic growth and digital technologies;
- legal aspects of democratization of access to financial markets and tokenization of economy;
- legal support for sustainable industrialization and innovation using Artificial Intelligence and other digital technologies;
- use of digital technologies to promote an open society for sustainable development, access to justice for all, and effective, accountable and participatory public institutions; and other SDGs.
Yulia Kharitonova – Doctor of Law, Professor of the Department of Business Law of Lomonosov
Moscow State University (Russia)
Larisa Sannikova – Doctor of Law, Professor of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Head of the
Center for Legal Research of Digital Technologies, GAUGN (Russia)
Please submit any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org